Canada Skilled Worker Immigration
Foreign skilled workers and professionals are greatly needed in Canada
One of the main goals of Canadian immigration is welcoming skilled immigrants who will help Canada’s growing economy. When skilled workers become permanent residents, they are especially valuable to Canada’s workforce and the strength of its economy.
Applicants who successfully apply to the Skilled Worker Immigration program will receive a Canadian Immigration (permanent resident) visa. This type of visa allows the applicant and his or her family to move into the country.
Skilled workers have several options to consider:
- Applying under Canada’s Federal Skilled Worker Class
- This program helps individuals with certain work experience who intend to live outside of the province of Quebec
- Applying under Quebec’s Skilled Worker Class
- This program helps individuals who plan to immigrate to the province of Quebec
- Submitting an application through one of the provincial nominee programs
- Most provinces and territories have created their own skilled worker programs for those intending to live and work in that region. These fast-track Canadian immigration programs allow candidates to immigrate more quickly than through other immigration programs in Canada
Many Canadian employers are looking to hire foreign skilled workers. Obtaining a job offer from a Canadian employer may qualify you to fast-track Canadian immigration application processing.